The Golden Jubilee Celebration Committee & Convenor for 2016-2017
Convenor – Mr. Varghese C. Varghese
Church Development Committee
Convenor – Mr. C. J. Joseph Responsibilities of the Church Development Committee include-
1. Beautification of the Church Building
2. Extension of the Parish Entrance Area
3. Refurbishing of the Parish Hall and Mini Hall
4. Building New Arch at the Church Entrance
Convenor – Mr. Jacob Chacko
Convenor – Mr. Varghese Ninan “A Friend in Need Program”, The Social Project for community outreach programs include-
1. Pain & Palliative Care Unit
2. Free Medical Consultation Unit
3. Day Care for the Aged
4. Providing Education/Marriage/Housing Assistance to the Needy
The Pain and Palliative Care Unit – Established in the year 2006, the main objective of the unit is to offer solace and helping hand to those who are suffering from terminal and old age associated illness, by taking part in the salvific programme of Jesus Christ. The compassion of Jesus Christ reached out to all in need of help and He healed all those who were sick and brought to Him.
The Mar Thoma Church from the earliest days, had taken up the ministry of healing as an integral aspect of the manifestation of the Love of God. Nowadays, the society faces a mammoth challenge in the form of the sad plight of sick people who are not given proper care and craving for assistance and fellowship. Members of the Pain and Palliative Care Unit identify such people, visit them, mobilises fund to partly meet their financial needs. The unit members also offer them fellowship and lend mental/spiritual support by upholding them in prayers.
Prayer & Family Revitalisation
Convenor – Mr. Tharian Panicker Responsibilities of the Prayer & Family Revitalisation Committee include-
1. Activating the small prayer groups in the Church.
2. Arranging a chain prayer on every second Saturday.
3. Conducting intercessory prayer on all Monday evenings.
4. Encouraging children and youth to be associated with Youth League, Sunday School and bringing them to the church mainstream.
Convenor – Mr. Jose Thomas
Directory & Souvenir
Convenor – Mr. George Thomas
The Directory and Souvenir Committee is committed to publish a new Parish Directory and a Jubilee Souvenir. The Church Committee and all members are actively involved in the planning and organising of the events of the Golden Jubilee celebrations.